Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Beautiful coasters with paper quilling in colors of rainbow


Created by : Amrita Singh

I love rainbows. They are one of the nature's creations that bring a smile on every one's face regardless of age. Somehow they also remind me of my childhood and care free days of summer.

It took more than 100 quilling strips and quite a while of rolling I would say to finish these coasters :) . I did follow the rainbow colors sequence inside out ... remembered my childhood days and how we used the acronym VIBGYOR  to remember the rainbow colors in sequence.

 It was also part of a challenge in one of  ETSY teams, ETSY paper's  rainbow challenge. Its a group of very talented people and it was fun to see various rainbow creations.

Here's a beautiful poem ...enjoy and have a Happy Day!


God is the greatest artist
To whom no one can compare,
Streaking sunsets very beautiful,
Painting rainbows in the air.

Brushing green the hillside scene,
Blotting blue the sky above,
Splashing flowers 'cross the ground beneath,
Shading white clouds with His glove.

Of the wonders God has made
There is none that is so fair
As the smile He paints upon your face
When you realize He's there.
                        - Udiah

P.s.  : These were featured on craft gawker. Yay!
 

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that is awesome! I really love stuffs that has different or has more colors because it just makes me happy looking at it. This is totally a wonderful work of art and i admire that you have thought of this. Thank you for sharing your poem too. I love it!- www.jrsalescorp.com

    ReplyDelete